So the more I bake the more I tweak. A cupcake should be a special treat, due to it’s specialness it should be treated often. You don’t always want 12 cupcakes and many recipes are difficult to half or quarter. For this reason I have mastered a recipe that makes cupcakes in multiples of 4. My flat mate is lactose intolerant so I have tried and tested this recipe using soya milk and butter on many occasions. I only eat cupcakes with butter icing and can sadly say that somehow non-diary soya icing tastes better.
Candy’s Vanilla or Chocolate Cupcakes (makes 4-6 cupcakes)
50 grams Self-raising Flour
50 grams Butter
50 grams Castor Sugar
1/2 tablespoon Milk
1/2 tablespoon Vanilla essence or cocoa
- If you notice this is the easiest recipe to remember 50×3 plus 1 and 2 halves!
- Before you start please put your oven on 180 and prepare your muffin tray with paper cups in place.
- No mess, no fuss add all ingredient in a bowl and use an electric mixer until well combined.
- Use 2 dessert spoons to share batter equally into cups.
- Tray into the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on size, they should double the size. Vanilla will be slightly golden brown and chocolate rich cocoa. Poke with a cocktail stick if you are not sure if batter remains on stick cook a little longer.
- Remove and allow time to cool whilst making the icing and washing up.
Unfortunately it’s time to go running I’ll update this bit at a later stage. I have not taken icing measurements do it to taste. Will measure next time I bake. In the meantime I’ll share some pics with you. I had my friends decorating their own cupcakes the other day, looked like they were having so much fun!
Royal wedding cupcakes for friends
Decorate our own
Decorated for me on the Easter weekend